/ 85.128.73.* / 2006-11-22 11:28
Funds Administration Dept is primarily responsible for the preparation and despatch to clients of Net Asset Valuations for which it has been appointed as Administrator. These Funds can be both Regulated (e.g. UCIT vehicles) and Non-regulated (e.g. Pension funds) in nature. As part of this function and to ensure the accuracy and correctness of its reports, the Administrator is required to reconcile the asset holdings – securities and cash, of each Fund from its Fund accounting records to the primary records of the custodian banks where they are maintained. In many cases the Fund accounting records must also be reconciled against the Fund Manager records. Additionally it is required to track, investigate and correctly record in a timely manner all corporate action events that impact these Funds. This position is in the NAV review area of the Fund Administration dept and represents a fantastic opportunity for an individual with experience in the funds industry that is looking for an opportunity to advance in a fast growing dynamic organisation.
• To effectively and efficiently perform an analytical review of the Net Asset Valuation (NAV) for both regulated and unregulated Funds
• To ensure accuracy and correctness of the NAV by conducting a comprehensive check of the numbers being reported.
• To have a good understanding of basic accounting principles.
• To reconcile funds to investment managers positions.
• To ensure that reconciling differences are investigated, understood and resolved in a timely manner.
• To have a good understanding of securities markets including emerging markets
• To have a broad understanding of the different investments instruments available to fund managers (Equity, Debt, Derivatives, Treasury instruments, Swaps, distressed debt…)
• Completion of generic and NAV specific checklists in a timely manner.
• To identify and correct potential errors or misstatements in the valuation.
• Review the stock and cash reconciliations to ensure that the exceptions noted have no NAV impact and items cleared are treated correctly.
• Analyse root-cause of recurring issues through regular review of reconciliations and analysis of NAVs, and assist in developing programmes for service enhancements arising from this.
• To liaise with other areas with in the bank in order to clear reconciliation exceptions in a timely manner
• To rationalise and explain the movements in the Funds P&L
• To ensure that all assets and liabilities are recorded on a timely basis and correctly identified
• Post specific manual transactions to Multifonds- futures, trades, income/expenses, Internal/External Fund transfers as per conventions agreed with the client.
• To handle the loading automatic loading of transactions to Multifonds
• To demonstrate initiative and assist and contribute to the ongoing development of the team's processes, procedures and positive working environment.
• Produce clear and accurate business requirements to enhance the product or to close gaps in the process where identified
• To assist in the collection and analysis of relevant management information.
• To complete any other tasks assigned by the Team Leader
• To transmit the NAV to the client by defined means within agreed reporting deadlines.
• Third level qualification.
• Certificate in Mutual Funds would also be an advantage.
• An accounting qualification or part qualification.
• In depth knowledge of fund accounting processes
• Sound technical knowledge of financial investment instruments.
• Strong communication skills
• PC literate
• Self motivated
• Able to work well as the member of a team
• High level of accuracy with keen of attention to detail
• Strong numeric skills
• Able to organise own work and manage own time
• Use own initiative
• A willingness to learn to learn in a constantly changing environment
• Good business judgement, knowing when to escalate, who to keep informed to identify appropriate next steps / resolution
• Methodical with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven record for complex issue resolution.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED THIS POSITION, PLEASE SENT CV (in English) IN THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS:
Or you can phone mi: (022) 388 35 11