/ 85.128.73.* / 2006-11-22 11:20
Due to the expanding client base of the Funds Administration Dept., AI Team’s client base, an opportunity has arisen to join the team in a fund accounting role. The job also involves a certain amount of project/development work, systems capabilities testing and subsequent development. This position represents a fantastic opportunity for an individual with two to three years experience in the funds industry that is looking for an opportunity to advance in a fast growing dynamic organisation.
The AI team is primarily responsible for providing a range of services (including nav preparation and investor servicing) for which it has been appointed as Hedge Fund Administrator. This involves the use of two fund accounting systems, Multifonds and Paxus (Hedge FA system). These Funds can be Irish regulated (e.g. UCIT vehicles), German regulated or off–shore (e.g. Cayman, Bermuda, BVI, etc.). As part of its function and to ensure the accuracy and correctness of its reports, the Administrator is required to carry out reconciliations of all holdings between the fund accounting records and those of the custodian / prime broker. In many cases the Fund accounting records must also be reconciled against the Fund Manager records. In addition, it is required to track, investigate and correctly record in a timely manner all corporate action events that impact these Funds.
• Completion of generic and NAV specific checklists in a timely manner.
• To identify and correct potential errors or misstatements in the valuation.
• Review the stock and cash reconciliations to ensure that the exceptions noted have no NAV impact and items cleared are treated correctly.
• Analyse root-cause of recurring issues through regular review of reconciliations and analysis of NAVs, and assist in developing programmes for service enhancements arising from this.
• To liaise with Prime Brokers and custodians in order to clear reconciliation exceptions in a timely manner
• To rationalise and explain the movements in the Funds P&L
• To ensure that all assets and liabilities are recorded on a timely basis and correctly identified
• Post specific manual transactions to Multifonds and Paxus - futures, trades, income/expenses, Internal/External Fund transfers as per conventions agreed with the client.
• To handle the automatic loading of transactions to Multifonds
• To demonstrate initiative and assist and contribute to the ongoing development of the team's processes, procedures and positive working environment.
• Produce clear and accurate business requirements to enhance the product or to close gaps in the process where identified
• To assist in the collection and analysis of relevant management information.
• To complete any other tasks assigned by the Team Leader
• To transmit the NAV to the client by defined means within agreed reporting deadlines.
• Third level qualification.
• Certificate in Mutual Funds would also be an advantage.
• Good understanding of basic accounting principles, an in-depth knowledge of fund accounting is a distinct advantage
• A broad understanding of the different investments instruments available to fund managers (Equity, Debt, Derivatives, Treasury instruments, Swaps, distressed debt…)
• Strong communication skills
• PC literate
• Self motivated
• Able to work well as the member of a team
• High level of accuracy with keen of attention to detail
• Strong numeric skills
• Able to organise own work and manage own time
• Use own initiative
• A willingness to learn in a constantly changing environment
• Good business judgement, knowing when to escalate, who to keep informed to identify appropriate next steps / resolution
• Methodical with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven record for complex issue resolution.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED THIS POSITION, PLEASE SENT CV (in English) IN THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS:
Or you can phone mi: (022) 388 35 11